No Body Should Ride Alone!

Help My Win An ElliptiGo 8C For My Husband!

Photo of an ElliptiGo 8C in motion.

I entered a video submission to win an Elliptigo 8C for my husband, and MY VIDEO was one of the 6 finalist chosen. The winner is the video with the most votes. Please go to the link and vote for my video so I will not have to E-Go alone anymore.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Industrial Art and Baklava

I could not wait to get home today to get on the E-Go and go for a ride.  Every time I take it out I go further, and get a little more confident.  Today I was able to let go of the handlebar with my left hand without feeling like I was losing control.  Stopping is still a bit awkward. 

Today I rode the E-Go to the store where my husband works. It was 2 miles there and back, with traffic. Still getting use to the feeling of the gears. I never had a bike with gears, so this is a whole new experience.  More looks, comments, and one curb shot that left a scratch (ARGH).


I took a little time to really look at the lines and loops that make up the frame.  Am I the only one who sees the Industrial Art of this device?  It is such a mixture of textures:
  • the pink powder-coat.
  • the carbonized arms
  • the silver rims separating the black rubber of the tire and the black spokes
  • the sprocket linking the arms to the wheel via open chain.
And all of this is a functional sculpture that actually has a utilitarian purpose. It moves, it carries, it comes alive as you manipulate it to move with you in what feels like a symbiotic relationship. When I am on it i feel like it is an extension of myself, and when I am not...it sits prominently in my living room where I can look at it and contemplate the beauty of sculpture.

At $1700, you bet your ass it is in my house when not in use.

Right now I am in the mood for Baklava, and I know of a good Greek diner that has some.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment