No Body Should Ride Alone!

Help My Win An ElliptiGo 8C For My Husband!

Photo of an ElliptiGo 8C in motion.

I entered a video submission to win an Elliptigo 8C for my husband, and MY VIDEO was one of the 6 finalist chosen. The winner is the video with the most votes. Please go to the link and vote for my video so I will not have to E-Go alone anymore.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

One Town Over

I called ElliptiGo's main office today.  They have touch-up paint, so I ordered some.

The rest of the day I was really jonsing to get home and ride.  This happened, eventually.  I rode it further than I have all week. Usually on Fridays we (a social group of adults age 33 to 50) gather at the home of Amanda and Rob. The use to live fairly close, so I would walk there, and then my husband would arrive later on his way home from work.  Last fall they moved to the next town over, approximately 5 miles away.  Tonight that was my destination once I got home from work.  The plan was for me to ride the E-Go over, and then my husband join me there.  The E-Go could then be brought back in the back of his truck.

I started out at 7:45PM.  When driving, I usually utilize the major roads to get there, but tonight I decided to utilize some residential streets and avoid the traffic. 
The trip took about 20 minutes (5 miles). Not too shabby. There were some hills and I was able to ease into 2nd and 1st gear smoothly. It is still a learning process.
My rout had me cut through some high end neighborhoods.  The impression of other people was not "OMG, what that?" but rather, "oh look, one of those."

When I got to Amanda and Rob's house they were intrigued by my E-go.  Rob is an engineer, and was not able to leave it alone once he saw it.  He asked to ride it, and after a brief demo, he got up on it.  After a few faltering attempts the gain a good gliding rhythm he found his comfort-zone, and took off up the street.  He was able to steer it and stop it like a pro.  I was very impressed.  Amanda also wanted to try it, but she was in the process of cooking, and by the time she was able it was too dark outside.  This necessitated a change of plans.  Instead of bringing it home, we left it there, securely locked in their garage.  In the morning we will return, and I will get Amanda up on it for a ride.  I will then go from there and ride it farther than I have so far.

Tomorrow I intend to ride it to my WeightWatcher meeting. 8 miles with significant inclines.

No comments:

Post a Comment