No Body Should Ride Alone!

Help My Win An ElliptiGo 8C For My Husband!

Photo of an ElliptiGo 8C in motion.

I entered a video submission to win an Elliptigo 8C for my husband, and MY VIDEO was one of the 6 finalist chosen. The winner is the video with the most votes. Please go to the link and vote for my video so I will not have to E-Go alone anymore.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Am An Alien.

Well, that is how I feel.  it is really kind of funny, the reaction of the people who see me go by on the ElliptiGo.  Those who are observant see me coming from a distance and get the idea that I am not riding a standard bicycle.  The watch me approach, and nod or say hello, seem impressed.  Then there are those that are not observant, and presume I am on a bike until I am passing them.  at that point I get the "Whoa, what is that thing?"  I have had people call out that they want to tr it and ask to ride it.  SERIOUSLY? I am not inviting Mayhem to take my "Mid-life Crisis" out for a spin (Reference the Mayhem Allstate Insurance Adds).

Today as I was riding on Main St I had a line of three cars pull up one-by-one and pace with me for a few moments, getting a good look. It was a little creepy, but understandable.

Today was my second ride, and I went twice as far as I did a couple of days ago.  If felt good.  Starting and stopping are a bit awkward, but I guess that will com in time.  Balance and steering is also a challenge, and it reminds me of how I felt when I was learning to ride a two wheeler.  I can feel my core muscles working, but they are not use to it, so it is not yet a fine motor response. 

I went looking for others near me that have ElliptiGos, but had no luck.  I posted to the company facebook page:
ME: · Looking for people in my area to get inspiration from. I just got mine this week, and would like to get some support. South Jersey.
  • Michael Bradbury Not from your area, but I can tell you that improvement comes amazingly fast if you just 'do it". I've got just over 400 miles on mine and the difference in my physical conditioning is nigh on amazing. MAKE IT FUN! Ride somewhere "cool" if you can. Ride around neat things to see. Be out at sunset. You'll find a whole world of fun out there in the fresh air in the evening (or whenever you can ride).
    •  
    • ME: Just riding around my area has been quite a show. Today I had several cars in a line taking turns driving along side of me to get a "good-Look". I LOVE riding it. I was told I got the last BCA-Pink one, and I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment