No Body Should Ride Alone!

Help My Win An ElliptiGo 8C For My Husband!

Photo of an ElliptiGo 8C in motion.

I entered a video submission to win an Elliptigo 8C for my husband, and MY VIDEO was one of the 6 finalist chosen. The winner is the video with the most votes. Please go to the link and vote for my video so I will not have to E-Go alone anymore.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Keeping Tempo

This week I started training for metric century ride, which is 100 Kilometers.  This translates to 62 + standard miles.  My plan is to this at the end of the training program, which is 14 weeks.  Tonight was the Tempo-ride workout.  I found this to be the the biggest challenge so far.  A tempo ride race pace plus 2 miles per hour, for 30 minutes.  My average pace is about 12 miles per hour.  By my calculations, I should be able to do 7 miles in 30 minutes (race pace of 12 miles per hour plus 2 divided by 1 half hour).  ElliptiGo (who developed the training program) suggested that the course taken should be as flat as possible, or with mild inclines. For this reason, I used the bike path.

The outcome was that I maintained a 12.5 MPH. That was with me pushing it. I am hoping that I can improve my time as I move forward with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment