No Body Should Ride Alone!

Help My Win An ElliptiGo 8C For My Husband!

Photo of an ElliptiGo 8C in motion.

I entered a video submission to win an Elliptigo 8C for my husband, and MY VIDEO was one of the 6 finalist chosen. The winner is the video with the most votes. Please go to the link and vote for my video so I will not have to E-Go alone anymore.

Friday, July 6, 2012

How Time Flies...


Wow.  Have you ever unintentionally let something go, and then avoided getting back to it because you did not know where to begin?  That is where I have been in the last 10 days.  I have been out riding, and working, and resting, and doing physical therapy for my knee, and these things have giving me little time for anything else…except 2  of my favorite shows on TV.  Fact if, work has been really intense recently ( I work in Child Protective Services), and I have to document all of it.  The current heat wave in the North Eastern states has also forced me to ride at late hours.   The idea of typing anything has been a chore.  I have even let down 7 people on Words-With-Friends (which includes my husband).

So. Since my last post (6/26/12), I have increased my area significantly.  One night I got to my planed turn-around point, and saw a hill just a little further, so I went to that; then the next; and the next.  Before I knew it I was 3 miles out of my usual range, and needed to ride back.  I got home after dark but I did 12 miles in just under an hours. 

I am still seeking hills.  I noticed on 6/30 that the hills I was crawling up in 1st gear a few weeks prior, I was sweating out in 3rd gear.

My last long ride was on 4/2, and I went 15 miles.  I have a ride planned for later this evening (just before sunset, when the temp drops below 90degrees) that will take me 17 miles.  There will be no riding tomorrow as the heat and humidity will be very back.  Thankfully a break in the heat is coming.

One very important word to live by – HYDRATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment