No Body Should Ride Alone!

Help My Win An ElliptiGo 8C For My Husband!

Photo of an ElliptiGo 8C in motion.

I entered a video submission to win an Elliptigo 8C for my husband, and MY VIDEO was one of the 6 finalist chosen. The winner is the video with the most votes. Please go to the link and vote for my video so I will not have to E-Go alone anymore.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

He Blinded Me With Science!!!


This morning, when I got out of bed, I found my legs were a bit achy. This did not feel like joint ach, or the pain of pulled, strained muscles, but the ache of "worked" muscles. It is my understanding that it was due to a buildup of lactic acid in my muscles. This has caused me to look up Lactic Acid, where it comes from, and what it’s purpose is.  I found a really good article on the subject, in Scientific American, written by Stephen M. Roth


While the article is a very well written, it is still very technical.  This meant I had to read it several times to gain the full scope of the bio-physical actions. (I am a Social Worker, Jim, not a Physicist).

Tonight I did a Recovery Ride on my E-Go. I focused on maintaining a steady yet easy pace. I call it Zen Pace. 7.26mi in 36min (4:59min/mi), 12.04mph



No comments:

Post a Comment