No Body Should Ride Alone!

Help My Win An ElliptiGo 8C For My Husband!

Photo of an ElliptiGo 8C in motion.

I entered a video submission to win an Elliptigo 8C for my husband, and MY VIDEO was one of the 6 finalist chosen. The winner is the video with the most votes. Please go to the link and vote for my video so I will not have to E-Go alone anymore.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

My First Commenter and Question!!!!

On 6/2/12, I received a comment in regards to my post titled “New Jersey or Bust”.   AS I have said before, I LOVE attention, so THANKS for responding, it is a positive reinforcement to keep bloogging! 

It concerned the way I accessorized my E-Go, which I had indicated I was going to purchase through Elliptigo.  As it happens, I never ordered the handlebar mount water bottle from ElliptiGo because I found a mount, cage, and bottle combination through R.E.I. that cost less than $21. As we have a local R.E.I. that we visit a couple of times a year, I was able to pick it up directly, but the parts can be ordered online at www.rei.com.  I am very happy with it, and the only way it could be better is if the bottle were pink like my E-Go. 


 

ASSEMBLY HINT: The strap in the mount is long enough to go around the post.  However, do to the girth of the post,  it is almost impossible to assemble the mount on the post at the exact location you want it.  I discovered that assembling the mount at the top of the post, with the post narrows, is the best solution.  Once it ios there loosely, it can be slid down on the post.  It will be snug, but can be done without scratching the post if done with patience.

The responder was also interested in how they could mount a water bottle in a way that would also allow for a runner's GPS, bell, and Bluetooth speaker.  My Garmin device is not a GPS, but a wrist mounted trainer.  I do want to get a mount for my cell-phone, which is my GPS and music device.  I am not using a mounted BT speaker because I use a head-set.  However, I was concerned that mouning the water bottle cage on the handlebars because I am clumsy.  I know that the bottle is mounted on either side of the handle bars, when I attempt to remove or replace a bottle from the basket I will end up steering myself into a tree or into traffic.  For this reason I have mounted the cage on the post.  I have found it to be easy to reach and is not in the way of my knees.  Mounting and dismounting have not been a problem.
The responder also reported that they ha a “mini-pump that attaches to the water bottle cage” but concerned about doing so if the mount was not stable.   I have found the mount I purchased at R.E.I. to be completely stable, and LOVE that idea for a mini-pump.  I would say  “go for it”.

No comments:

Post a Comment