No Body Should Ride Alone!

Help My Win An ElliptiGo 8C For My Husband!

Photo of an ElliptiGo 8C in motion.

I entered a video submission to win an Elliptigo 8C for my husband, and MY VIDEO was one of the 6 finalist chosen. The winner is the video with the most votes. Please go to the link and vote for my video so I will not have to E-Go alone anymore.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thread Screw A Into Whole B


I had another issue with the E-Go yesterday. I had gone out for my Hill ride, and the tracks were a bit noisy. I decided it was time to give them a thorough cleaning. so, after my ride, I but the E-Go up on the picnic table in the back yard. I disconnected the right drive arm, removed the track screws, and dropped the wheels out the back of the slide rail.  I then proceeded to scrub each wheel with a soft toothbrush. I then reconnected the drive arm. it went very smoothly.

Then I attempted to duplicate the process on the left side. As soon as I was able to back out to screw, I noticed that they were metal fragments coming out with the screw. Once the drive arm was disconnected I clean the tracks and the wheels like I had on the right side. This time, when I tried to reassemble the driver arm, the screw would not catch the thread of the sprocket arm. I noticed more metal fragments, so I brush them out, and tried. The screw went in a little further on the next attempt but then stopped. I noticed that every attempt that I made caused the little more damage, and the threads of the sprocket arms were being stripped.

At that point I contacted ElliptiGo. I was able to speak to Kari, who calmly listened to my explanation of what was happening. She advised me that a I had not done anything wrong, and that's the hole in the sprocket arm needed to be re-tapped.  She told me that this can be done by any qualified bike shop. She was very quick to relieve my sense of panic over and fear that I had ruined my bike.  She told me that things like this happen, and is not a big deal.

So I loaded up my bike and I took it to the local bike shop. They have started to recognize me not only by my unique bike, but by my face. They agreed that it was an easy fix and ended up charging me $14 to re-tap the hole. I was told that if it should be come loose in the future , it may have to be re-tapped with a coil. They explained the process to me, and I understand it, but I could not to explain it.

My bike came home an hour after me taking it to the store. All is right with my world, and I feel pretty happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment