No Body Should Ride Alone!

Help My Win An ElliptiGo 8C For My Husband!

Photo of an ElliptiGo 8C in motion.

I entered a video submission to win an Elliptigo 8C for my husband, and MY VIDEO was one of the 6 finalist chosen. The winner is the video with the most votes. Please go to the link and vote for my video so I will not have to E-Go alone anymore.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On Schedule, and Flying Solo

Today I start week 10 of the Metric-Century Ride training. half way through the ride my phone was dead. My feet were dying by the time I got to 43.25 miles, and that is where Don found me (he was worried). I hope this week's ride is better. With no interruptions, I will take my ride from Glassboro to Cape May on 10/6, which is Breast Cancer Awareness (PINK E-Go). Anyone want to join me?

In other news:

I discontinued my Weight Watcher account today. 

 I am not giving up, I am going to continue with the principles I have learned over the past +8 years of being on the program. I have the tools I need to continue, even a food-log through MapMyRide.com. I just have other things I need the $$$$ for at this time. 

If I need to get back on it I will.

I just need to see if I can fly on my own.

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog today and eagerly read *everything.* Thanks for blogging your journey!! Finally, a real person with real goals and a real situation (versus stick thin young athletes who talk about their races).

    You seek hills??? Oh goodness, all we have (in Sussex County NJ) ARE hills. Steep hills. Curving roads straight up and curving roads straight down. I was drooling looking at your video! F-L-A-T straight roads!! I drive around seeking any roads with a possible potential of part of it being flat.

    I have an E-Go 8C and absolutely loooove it. I don't seek attention and prefer the state forest roads for scenery and a more solitary ride. Since this summer, I ride for 1 to 1.5 hours 6 days a week, and to my utter and complete surprise I no longer dread exercise time but find I look forward to it, plan for it, and worry if it looks like the weather will interfere. I'm exhausted after 1.5 hours though but so wonder if I could go longer if the road was mostly flat or just minor rolling hills (insert dreamy look). I can't go too fast down the hills because I am concerned about falling (potholes in the road are a constant presence).

    I drove around Cape May this summer (didn't have my E-Go with me at the time--Nuts!!) and was so wanting to ride it there! Definitely something I need to do next time while at the shore.

    You've inspired me to set greater goals! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Priscilla,
    I am honored to be inspiring. Yes, I do seek hills, but I do not think my Pink 3C can attack them like your 8C can. Your E-Go has sooo much more potential. I would love to try your hill, though. I look at hills as a necessary evil. It only takes one hill ride a week to increase endurance. I address each hill individually, and cheer myself on. Tackling a new hill is “Treat-able” if you know what I mean. If you are not on a training schedule, I have a great one to recommend.

    If you are looking for 'Flat' routes, I have one near me that use to be a RR bed. It is 6.25 miles long. If you ever want to ride it, let me know and I will give you directions. There is also one in Somers Point. I great resource for these routs on the "Rails to Trails" sight ( http://www.railstotrails.org/index.html). In looking at that sight I notice a rail-trail in Morris County that is 16 miles long with an asphalt/concrete surface. It is called Randolph Trails and I will be looking to go up there soon because it is perfect for Tempo Training.

    Keep GO-ing!

    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Great* suggestions, Jessi! Definitely know what you mean about the hills. You have to be your own cheerleader through the whole upward process. ;-)

    Rails-to-Trails in Sussex County are not paved--only dirt or gravel. Great for a mountain bike but not the E-Go. I didn't realize other RTT might possibly be paved in some areas. Thanks for the tip!! I'm going to definitely go check out Randolph Trails my next day off.

    Speaking of Somers Point, I saw this today and thought of you:
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012-City-to-Shore/LeisureFitness-ElliptiGO/prweb9741844.htm
    This looks like it might be a good way for you to meet up with some other local E-Go owners.

    You're obviously doing an AMAZING job of achieving high-mileage goals in such a short period of time. Really well done, Jessi! Are you pleased about any weight/size loss results as well? That's why I started this. I don't care about the (weight) numbers; I just want to be happy in front of a camera. :-p

    ReplyDelete